CD and chdir: Utilities to navigate between folders
CHKDSK: Allows you to control the drive specified. You can use the following options:
- /P: allows for complete control of the unit and correct any errors.
- /R: Allows you to identify bad sectors and recover readable information.
DEL and DELETE: Allows you to delete a file
DIR: Show the list of files and subfolders in a folder
DISABLE: Allows you to disable a service or driver, use the listsvc command to display all services or drivers that you can disable. ENABLE rather active service or driver of the system.
DiskPart: Allows management of partitions.
- /Add: Creates a new partition.
- /Delete: Deletes an existing partition.
- Nome_periferica: The name of the device used to create a new partition.
- Nome_unità: the name of a unit specified by the corresponding letter, for example D:.
- Nome_partizione: name of the partition used for deleting an existing partition.
- Size: size of the new partition in MB
Exit: close the Recovery Console.
EXPAND: decoprime and copy the original file system used to replace corrupted files. Example: expand source [/F: filespec] [destination] [/y]
FIXBOOT: You can write the new code of the boot sector on the Windows system partition
FIXMBR: Lets you restore the boot record (MBR) on the boot partition
FORMAT: Format the drive specified by the file system specified, eg format drive: /Q /FS: file system
LOGON: Show the list of all detected installations of Windows, and requires the local administrator password for the copy of Windows that you want to access
MAP: useful to display a list of drive letters, file system types, partition sizes and connections to physical devices
MD and mkdir: Useful for the creation of new folders. RD and rmdir delete a folder.
REN and RENAME: Useful to rename a file.
SYSTEMROOT: Use the command to set the current working folder on the% SystemRoot% the Windows that you are currently connected.
TYPE: Use the command to display a text file